Monday, September 24, 2012

Day 6

Current Location:
Latitude: 41.46405
Longitude: -70.59348


Click the link below to see where I am located.
http://fms.ws/9nQS7/41.46405N/70.59348W

If the above link does not work, try this link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=41.46405,-70.59348&ll=41.46405,-70.59348&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1 

Today we went sailing. It was really pretty. I read a lot of the Magic Tree House books. We left Cuttyhunk and sailed to Martha's Vineyard. We are anchored off Vineyard Haven. I mostly played and read inside today, and I helped my grandma bake bread. I also liked to look for things with my binoculars. I saw people on the beach. I also helped look for channel markers and buoys. These red and green buoys tell boats where it is safe and deep enough to go.

The ferry boats come often into Vineyard Haven. They look like big, giant ships. They go right by our boat. We saw cars going on the ferry too.

Tomorrow we explore the island some more and go on a bus. We're going to check out the beaches and museums. I hope to see some bikes and go to the Native American museum. Maybe there will be a playground.

Caitlin
The chart on the computer showing our route between two islands this morning. The tide was switching, so there was lots of current and steep waves.

Sailing in Vineyard Sound

My grandma at the helm. I am checking stuff out with my binoculars.

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about Martha's Vineyard. I always wanted to go there. I sure bet that bread made the boat smell good. Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too! We'll have to take you to Martha's Vineyard!

      Love,
      Caitlin

      Delete
  2. What book are you reading and when are you coming back?? I miss you!
    - Pauline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read "Tonight on the Titanic," "Buffalo Before Breakfast," and one more, but I can't remember it's name right now. I also have a Little House on the Prairie book that I'm working on.
      We'll be back in Newport on Sunday. I miss you too!

      Caitlin

      Delete
  3. Caitlin,

    When you go to the Native American museum please take good notes. We study Native Americans. Maybe you can teach us some facts about the Native Americans?
    We are spending some of our time preparing for our Open House. Mrs. McKeon keeps taking photos so we can discuss them with our parents. We are excited about Open House...
    We miss you, but we hope you continue having fun and learning!!
    With Love,
    Your 2nd Grade Class
    2M

    ReplyDelete